Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Moms. 5 kids. 1 van. 3 weeks. 3000 miles. Are we amazing or are we crazy? You decide.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Materials for the trip

In the course of planning our trip, we began to think about educational materials. Books (of course) were not a problem. I think we both had lots of pertinent books on our shelves already. Over several months, we acquired more (a LOT more). Then we decided to get more specific. In this fabulous age of technology, all of the attractions we are visiting have websites. Many of them have some wonderful fun and educational materials. It became my job to visit each website and sort the wheat from the chaff. Our itinerary is Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Philadelphia, Boston, and Washington. The VA Historic triangle was pretty easy. Then on to Philly, where I had to visit each individual website. As I got to Boston, I knew I had been on the computer too long, as I began hoping that each website would NOT have anything educational, so that I wouldn't have to deal with it. However - I persevered, and finally made it all the way through each attraction in Washington.

Two reams of paper and two ink cartridges later, I think we are well prepared to educate our children about American History through the Revolutionary War.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will return with all five children duct-taped to their respective seats (you did pack duct tape, didn't you?), or you will have the best time ever. Here's hoping for the latter.

Atlanta Aunt

Lifebeginsat30ty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lifebeginsat30ty said...

I am so going to need to see pictures of this feat of motherhood! Have a fun trip!

(apodiform)

Willow said...

They left the menfolk home. Maybe they're not as crazy as we think!